Bluefish Text Editor: For Web Designers and Programmers
Bluefish Editor is an open-source text editor for web designers and programmers, supporting many programming and markup languages, but focusing on creating dynamic and interactive websites. The latest release was on February 12 is Bluefish 2.2.4.
Operating System Support
It is also a multi-platform application that runs on other desktop operating systems including Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X, Windows, OpenBSD and Solaris.
Bluefish Editor has a lot of awesome features. Some of them are:
- search and replace
- Snippets sidebar
- Unlimited undo/redo functionality
- In-line spell checker
- Auto-recovery of changes
- Full screen editing
- Code block folding
- Highlighting matching block start and end markers (both brackets and tags)
- Auto-completion, etc.
More about Bluefish’s current and future features here
One good thing I like about Bluefish Editor is you can insert commonly used tags just by the click of a mouse button.
Installing Bluefish Editor in Ubuntu 13.04
$ sudo apt-get install bluefish
Installing Bluefish Editor in Fedora
# yum install bluefish
Compiling from Source Code
You can also download and compile the source code from here. Don’t know how to compile software form source code? Learn how to compile and install a software from source code here.
Installing Bluefish Editor in other Linux distros
For installing in other distros, visit Bluefish official download website.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .