Back in time- A powerfull and easy to use backup tool for Linux
Back In Time is a simple backup tool for Linux inspired from “flyback project” and “TimeVault”. The backup is done by taking snapshots of a specified set of directories. urrently there are two GUI available: Gnome and KDE 4 (>= 4.1). All you have to do is configure: Where to save snapshot, What directories to backup, When backup should be done (manual, every hour, every day, every week, every month).
The latest version 1.0.4 comes with some improvements and bug fix.:
- SettingsDialog: show highly recommended excludes
- Fix bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/backintime/+bug/664783
- Option to use checksum to detect changes (https://bugs.launchpad.net/backintime/+bug/666964)
- Option to select log verbosity (https://bugs.launchpad.net/backintime/+bug/664423)
- Gnome: use gloobus-preview if installed
Back in time installation:
- For ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat:
Open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bit-team/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install backintime-gnome
- For Fedora 12, 13 and 14:
Back In Time is included in Fedora repositorie, you can install it by simply typing in your terminal :
yum install backintime
-For other linux distros, download and install the tar file.
Useful links: http://backintime.le-web.org/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .