Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
ATI Linux Video Driver 9.8 Supports Newer Kernels
Advanced Micro Devices announced last night (August 17th) a new version of its versatile ATI Catalyst proprietary Linux display driver,
for both x86 and x86_64 architectures. The ATI Catalyst 9.8 suite updates the software to version 8.64 and brings support for Linux kernel versions of the 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 branches.
This new version of the ATI driver for Linux systems comes right after 25 days from the ATI Catalyst 9.7, which brought support for RedFlag DT 7.0 Linux distribution. Even if the Linux kernels 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 were released back in March 2009 and June 2009, respectively, it is only now that AMD added support for both branches in ATI Catalyst 9.8. However, AMD should prepare support for the upcoming Linux kernel 2.6.31, which will be the default kernel for major distributions, such as Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala).
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .