Astromenace- A 3D space shooter game for Linux
AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities. You can improve your ship configuration by installing new weapons, defensive systems, power stations and much more. To improve your ship, you must earn money by destroying throngs of enemies on every level.
AstroMenace is graphically unique. The quality of animation along with special effects is stunning, and with all its picturesque backgrounds adding brilliance to the visuals, the game is a true eye-candy.
For Debian, Ubuntu and other debian based system
1- As root open /etc/apt/sources.list file:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2- Now at the end of the file add this 2 lines:
## Viewizard Games repository deb http://viewizard.com/linux debian/
3- Now add the verification key :
wget http://www.viewizard.com/linux/viewizard-gpg.asc sudo apt-key add viewizard-gpg.asc
4- Then run sudo apt-get update to sync to the latest repository.
sudo apt-get update
5- Install AstroMenace :
To install the English version.
sudo apt-get install astromenace
For German :
sudo aptitude install astromenace-de
sudo aptitude install astromenace-ru
For other Linux distributions you can download the game from this Link
If when you try to install the game you got this error:
zinovsky@Zinovsky:~$ sudo apt-get install astromenace Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: astromenace : Depends: libopenal0a but it is not installable E: Broken packages
Then download and install libopenal0a from this link. This will resolve the problem and you will be able to install the game.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .