Astromenace- A 3D space shooter game for Linux
AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities. You can improve your ship configuration by installing new weapons, defensive systems, power stations and much more. To improve your ship, you must earn money by destroying throngs of enemies on every level.
AstroMenace is graphically unique. The quality of animation along with special effects is stunning, and with all its picturesque backgrounds adding brilliance to the visuals, the game is a true eye-candy.
For Debian, Ubuntu and other debian based system
1- As root open /etc/apt/sources.list file:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2- Now at the end of the file add this 2 lines:
## Viewizard Games repository deb http://viewizard.com/linux debian/
3- Now add the verification key :
wget http://www.viewizard.com/linux/viewizard-gpg.asc sudo apt-key add viewizard-gpg.asc
4- Then run sudo apt-get update to sync to the latest repository.
sudo apt-get update
5- Install AstroMenace :
To install the English version.
sudo apt-get install astromenace
For German :
sudo aptitude install astromenace-de
sudo aptitude install astromenace-ru
For other Linux distributions you can download the game from this Link
If when you try to install the game you got this error:
zinovsky@Zinovsky:~$ sudo apt-get install astromenace Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: astromenace : Depends: libopenal0a but it is not installable E: Broken packages
Then download and install libopenal0a from this link. This will resolve the problem and you will be able to install the game.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .