Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Astromenace- A 3D space shooter game for Linux
AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities. You can improve your ship configuration by installing new weapons, defensive systems, power stations and much more. To improve your ship, you must earn money by destroying throngs of enemies on every level.
AstroMenace is graphically unique. The quality of animation along with special effects is stunning, and with all its picturesque backgrounds adding brilliance to the visuals, the game is a true eye-candy.
For Debian, Ubuntu and other debian based system
1- As root open /etc/apt/sources.list file:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2- Now at the end of the file add this 2 lines:
## Viewizard Games repository
deb http://viewizard.com/linux debian/
3- Now add the verification key :
sudo apt-key add viewizard-gpg.asc
4- Then run sudo apt-get update to sync to the latest repository.
sudo apt-get update
5- Install AstroMenace :
To install the English version.
sudo apt-get install astromenace
For German :
sudo aptitude install astromenace-de
sudo aptitude install astromenace-ru
For other Linux distributions you can download the game from this Link
If when you try to install the game you got this error:
zinovsky@Zinovsky:~$ sudo apt-get install astromenace
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
astromenace : Depends: libopenal0a but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
Then download and install libopenal0a from this link. This will resolve the problem and you will be able to install the game.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .