Apache22 Won’t Start in FreeBSD 9
How to solve this?
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for FreeBSD-unixmenhttpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName Syntax OK Starting apache22.httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for FreeBSD-unixmen httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22: WARNING: failed to start apache22
The “Could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name” error can be solved by editing /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf.
Open this file and set ServerName to localhost:80. After, check the httpd logs.
[Mon Aug 12 11:56:39 2013] [alert] (EAI 8)hostname nor servname provided, or not known: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "FreeBSD-unixmen" Configuration Failed
The fastest way to get rid of this error is to disable mod_unique. Edit the Apache configuration file and comment LoadModule unique_id_module libexec/apache22/mod_unique_id.so:
# LoadModule unique_id_module libexec/apache22/mod_unique_id.so
Restart Apache again:
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration: Syntax OK Starting apache22.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .