Five nice opensource games for Linux
If you like gaming or you are looking for a nice free game for your children, then try one of the games listed bellow. These games are opensource and free for use.
MoG is a very addictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers and defeat some really great demons at the end of each level. The gameplay of MoG is not the boring linear one. In MoG you are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game. You have to be very careful of the order in which you visit all the rooms in the HUGE map if you want to keep your character alive. The map is structured in a main map (called the castle) and 10 submaps (called the worlds). Initially you are in the castle and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 demons you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite. Each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive.
For Ubuntu users you can install it by one click from playdeb
LinCity-NG is a city simulation game. It is a polished and improved version of the classic LinCity game. In the game, you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships.
S.C.O.U.R.G.E. is a cross platform, open source rogue-like game in the fine tradition of NetHack and Moria. It sports a graphical front-end, similar to glHack or the Falcon’s eye. The design of the 3D UI is an attempt at the best of both worlds from old to new: It lets you rotate the view, zoom in/out, view special effects, etc with the feeling of the old-school isometric games like Exult or Woodward.
For ubuntu users you can install this game by clicking this apt link (Thanks for playdeb.net).
Extreme Tux Racer is an open-source downhill racing game starring Tux, the Linux mascot. It follows in the path of Tux Racer and its derivatives
Open Sonic is a free open-source game based on the “Sonic the Hedgehog” universe. It introduces a different style of gameplay called cooperative play, in which it’s possible to control 3 characters simultaneously. Unlike most similar games, Open Sonic provides a greater level of interaction between the player and the levels. It’s more than just a jump’n'run; the user must come up with some strategy in order to get through the levels.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .