Android Honeycomb- Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
If you need more honey in your food, you aren’t the only one. Honeycomb came around in December and we had a lot of questions. This was the first OS that was especially made for Android tablets. Here are some things that I found out about Honeycomb.
This means that you won’t see a lot of other additions to Honeycomb. Yes there will be a few tweaks here and there; however there won’t be huge changes. It’s pretty cool too- seems that the OS is so complete that there aren’t any major upgrades that we have to wait for.
Honeycomb for smart phones
Yes the Honeycomb goodie is just for tablets, but there might be a Honeycomb for Android smart phones as well. Nobody is quite sure how things are going to work, but since Honeycomb is so popular among tablets, there is no reason to keep smart phone users devoid of this technology. Yes the OS is meant for bigger screens, but there have been hints that small screen users would soon enjoy it.
Whether it will completely reach smart phones or not- one thing’s for sure. Its visual components can be seen on many devices.
So the question ultimately boils down to this: will Honeycomb have multiple profiles? Separate ones for smart phones and tablets? Or are they going to just extend some features to smart phones. Let’s wait and watch.
Android apps detection
Since Honeycomb has different features than ‘regular’ Android OS, the apps you download can detect if they are being run on Android or Honeycomb. So we might see different versions of the same app- one for Honeycomb OS, other for non-Honeycomb Android. And even for Honeycomb, we might have separate versions- for Honeycomb tablets and Honeycomb phones (of course this will happen only if the Honeycomb phone version is launched).
But the simplifying part is that the APK file format (which is used in Android apps) works on Honeycomb tablets and Android phones. APK works even if the application has exclusive features for Honeycomb. This will help the app understand the platform on which it’s running. It seems that it will then load the features that are required for running on that platform.
But then, some Honeycomb apps might be only for tablets. If an app is made only for Honeycomb, it will run only on Honeycomb. But apps can be made that have tab-specific features, but are still able to run on phones.
When you work on a Honeycomb tablet for the first time, it will import preferences and settings from your current Android phone. It will also install the apps that are in your smart phone! This tablet- phone syncing is a great thing. Also, once you download an app, it will appear on the new device as well. And when you have to remove an app, you can either remove it from one device or from both devices simultaneously. Well that certainly makes life easier, and gives you perks for being loyal to Android.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .