ALSA 1.0.23 is released !
As the first update in 2010, ALSA 1.0.23 has been released this morning to replace ALSA 1.0.22 that was released last December. Like usual, this update to the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture brings mostly individual driver fixes but there is also support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 and a few ALSA core fixes.
The lengthy Wiki changes page lists off all of the changes to be found in ALSA 1.0.23, but some of the prominent driver changes that caught our attention is listed below.
- The CMI8788 Oxygen driver now supporting the ASUS Xonar DS sound card
- HDMI audio support for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
- Realtek ALC670, ALC665, ALC269VB support
- Add Apple Mac Mini 3,1 audio support
- Add 27 inch iMacs support
- Improved Apple MacBook Pro 5,1 / 5,2 support
- Support for a new Intel HDA Controller
- Support for more than eight audio streams in the Intel HDA driver
- Improved dynamic audio power management
There are, of course, many other changes than what’s listed above. Sadly there aren’t many changes (only three small items) altered in the Creative X-Fi ALSA driver that premiered last year after having years of no support for these Creative Labs audio processors.
All of the ALSA packages have hit version 1.0.23 except for alsa-oss and alsa-python.
Related Articles By Tags: