Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 is released! Install in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 has been released, This latest version of the standalone, open source FPS game features a number of optimizations that have resulted in a dramatic performance increase across the board. There were also a number of graphical updates, including a rewrite of the post process effects for pain and heatwave distortions.
Some of the new features in this release:
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase.
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code.
- Complete rewrite of post process effects.
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows.
- Variety of graphical updates and bugfixes.
- Three new/revamped levels.
- Added downloading of iqm meshes.
For a complete changelog look HERE
About Alien Arena
Alien Arena is a free, stand-alone first-person shooter computer game based on source code released by id Software. Begun by COR Entertainment in 2004, the game combines a 1950s-era sci-fi atmosphere with gameplay similar to the Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament series. Alien Arena focuses mainly on online multiplayer action, although it does contain single-player matches against bots
For installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint, simply download and install Playdeb repositoy. Then open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install alien-arena
This will install the latest version of the game Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .