Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 is released! Install in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 has been released, This latest version of the standalone, open source FPS game features a number of optimizations that have resulted in a dramatic performance increase across the board. There were also a number of graphical updates, including a rewrite of the post process effects for pain and heatwave distortions.
Some of the new features in this release:
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase.
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code.
- Complete rewrite of post process effects.
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows.
- Variety of graphical updates and bugfixes.
- Three new/revamped levels.
- Added downloading of iqm meshes.
For a complete changelog look HERE
About Alien Arena
Alien Arena is a free, stand-alone first-person shooter computer game based on source code released by id Software. Begun by COR Entertainment in 2004, the game combines a 1950s-era sci-fi atmosphere with gameplay similar to the Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament series. Alien Arena focuses mainly on online multiplayer action, although it does contain single-player matches against bots
For installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint, simply download and install Playdeb repositoy. Then open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install alien-arena
This will install the latest version of the game Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51