Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 is released! Install in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 has been released, This latest version of the standalone, open source FPS game features a number of optimizations that have resulted in a dramatic performance increase across the board. There were also a number of graphical updates, including a rewrite of the post process effects for pain and heatwave distortions.
Some of the new features in this release:
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase.
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code.
- Complete rewrite of post process effects.
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows.
- Variety of graphical updates and bugfixes.
- Three new/revamped levels.
- Added downloading of iqm meshes.
For a complete changelog look HERE
About Alien Arena
Alien Arena is a free, stand-alone first-person shooter computer game based on source code released by id Software. Begun by COR Entertainment in 2004, the game combines a 1950s-era sci-fi atmosphere with gameplay similar to the Quake, Doom, and Unreal Tournament series. Alien Arena focuses mainly on online multiplayer action, although it does contain single-player matches against bots
For installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint, simply download and install Playdeb repositoy. Then open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install alien-arena
This will install the latest version of the game Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Setup LDAP Server in CentOS, RHEL, Scientific linux 6.5/6.4/6.3 : In this tutorial we are going to setup LDAP server using 389 Directory Server. The 389 Directory Ser...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .