After New Gnome 3.2 , What is likely to make it to Gnome 3.4?
The last week of September, saw the release of Gnome 3.2 and work will now begin on its next version Gnome 3.4. GNOME, the desktop environment, which went in for major overhaul with its version 3.0 is continuing to introduce updates every six months synchronous with Gnome 3’s capabilities.
The features now on Gnome 3.2 are much-improved and include some great functional- capabilities.
Likely features on Gnome 3.4
Gnome 3.4 is expected to include new features, which will make it easier for Gnome shell extensions to enable, disable and install.
The core feature will be for the development of ‘focus follows mouse’ capability, which will support starting several apps simultaneously.
The highlight of Gnome 3.4 will be its social networking integration. The new library libsocialweb, will implement Gnome 3.4 along with multi-seat provision via systemd.
HTML messages in Evolution will be greatly improved, with WebKit GtkHtml. ‘Call’ dialog will be revamped, enabling selection of webcam, microphone, video preview.
Great new features on Gnome 3.2
The new release of Gnome, version 3.2 has a host of new features, improvisations, improvements, additional translations and an updated documentation.
Ubuntu 11.10 or Oneiric Ocelot is all set for release next week and will feature the entire Gnome 3.2.
New login is emphatic and excellent. It comes with integrated features for the desktop.
Web Apps make their debut with the inclusion of the Epiphany web browser. With the inclusion of this software, users can simply save a webpage as an application and launch it from the overview mode itself.
Online Accounts is a much awaited and well developed feature that, allows all online documents such as calendars and contacts sharing with Gnome apps such as Empathy and Evolution.
Contact Management a smart new feature, greatly awaited is the Contacts capability. What actually comes is awesome management feature, which allows you to manage your contact lists from any of your accounts Empathy, Evolution, and other online apps. Contact search is now easy with direct search in overview mode
Files and Documents Manager included is another capable manager that allows you to save file and open file is extended to viewing recent open or used files in Gnome 3.2. with this manager, it is easy to locate or find file, view them and organize them for easy access and even allows retrieving, using online documents locally.
Preview built into File Manager –As the long time manager of Gnome, Nautilus on Gnome 3.2 is ramped to allow previews of a variety of files. Whether it is the movies, images, music you can now preview them in your file manager itself.
Other exhaustive feature changes include- built-in messaging; supporting Wacom graphics tablets; Touchscreen devices support; GTK +3.2 greatly improves visuals. Apple Filing Protocol or AFP is now supported. A brand new keyboard comes onscreen. Language support now extends to 50 languages and more with new and updated translations.
Gnome 3.4 release in six months
Gnome 3.4 has several expectations riding on it and will be released in the last week of March 2012.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .