Flash Player 11 beta 2 is now available for download. This update added stability and comes with some new features such as Stage 3D and 64-bit support.
Key benefits of the Flash Player 11 desktop beta include:
- Stage3D APIs — Deliver cutting edge three dimensional experiences on the desktop.
- Native 64-bit support — Support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony — Integrate real-time voice and telephony capabilities into business apps and integrate with existing phone systems using the G.711 codec.
- H.264/AVC SW Encoding — Create apps that encode higher quality video locally using the efficient H.264 video standard.
- Socket Progress Events — Improve management of data transfer, track progress, and provide responsive feedback in apps send large amounts of data.
- JPEG-XR support — Take advantage of support for the advanced JPEG-XR image compression format to deliver higher quality images with less bandwidth, and leverage lossy and lossless compression with alpha channel transparency.
For 32bit : Adobe Flash 11 Beta 2 release can be downloaded from Adobe Labs.
For 64 bit users, you can install adobe flash player from seven machines PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer