Adobe bundles Game Developing Tools with new Creative Cloud
If you are a keen game developer and have a cache of games hidden away on your desktop, then it will soon be time to bring out an exclusive catalog of your games by signing up for Adobe Creative Cloud offer.
Game Development is not an easy task. However, thanks to Adobe’s latest integrated tool kit, game developers can toy with their gaming ideas and MONETIZE them as well.
The new Adobe Creative Cloud lets you access (on a monthly membership) the entire professional CS6 tools and open source frameworks-Starling, Feathers,Away 3D and iOS native extensions to create amazing work for Print, websites and for apps(more so for the iPad) along with a Gaming SDK. There is also a Flash C++ Compiler, that will let you convert existing iOS,PCs, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 games for browsers, running on Flash Player. The Adobe Creative Cloud offer includes a trial version for Flash Professional CS6 and Flash Builder 4.7 Premium version.
Additionally, a new profiling feature in the package, AdobeScout is gaining traction amongst the game-building and game-publishing community in the pre-release stage, especially for its unique performance measuring metrics. This tool will pull all latent granular data from applications written in ActionScript running on mobiles and browsers aiding in the tuning and improvement of the games’ performance.
Using the professional version of Flash CS6 that comes with the offer,developers can author games/animations, while the Flash Builder, version 4.7 (premium edition) provides the ecosystem for compiling in ActionScript Compiler 2.0 (ASC 2.0). Developers can test apps directly on iOS devices using either the USB or the simulator and debug them as well.
Helping open source developers are tools such as the Starling, for 3D games with a library of open source ActionScript3, which mimics the list architecture of a typical Flash Player and direct rendering through GPU (Stage 3D) for optimized rendering feature.
Feathers is for creating UI extension components (lightweight) for desktops and mobile systems as it gathers into one bundle GPU-powered graphics, via Starling for quick response.
Another tool is the Away3D, an open source 3D graphics engine, also in ActionScript3 that, works in tandem with Starling and Feathers to ensure seamless integration of 2D UIs with 3D games.
Basic requirements to run Adobe Gaming SDK:
Flash Player 11.4 or higher
Adobe AIR 3.4 or higher
Along with launching the new Cloud Creative, Adobe is also running a promotion for subscribers of the cloud package. The entire tools package is available free to use for subscribers of the Cloud Creative service. All future versions of Scout will be updated for such of the users who continue to subscribe.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .