Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
A look at Firefox 4!
Finally Mozilla released its most anticipated Firefox 4! Since its release…. the browser has already been downloaded over 100 million times giving a tough fight to its competitors notably, Microsoft’s IE9 and Google Chrome freshly updated to its 10th version. In this post we will look at the most prominent features of the browser. A detailed review will be up soon.
The latest version has a sleek, clean and appealing interface that aims at emphasizing on web-content and giving its users a feel of experiencing internet without a browser itself. The interface is rather a combination of different flavor, prominently chrome is simply splendid!
There is a new App Tab!
It is a very handy addition to the browser that lets you pin your frequently used applications in a small space, guaranteeing quick access to the apps. This feature prominently enhanced my browsing experience.
The tab attractions!
In the new browser, you can simply jump to your desired tab by writing its name into the one-in-all bar. The feature is good, but probably I will still stick to shortcuts for switching tabs or maybe I will reply on some extension for this purpose. Users will certainly take their time to get used to this way of tab switching probably due to inertia.
Make it simple, Group all your tabs!
Yet another helpful feature would have been a perfect solution for loads of tabs opened in the browser, if it was a bit more easer! I thought I was good with mouse pad and I would speedily do all the grouping, but grouping ended to a very time-consuming job for me.
To achieve the herculean tasks of grouping tab you need to open a new screen all the way, drag and drop tabs from the parent browser window and then group them. Nonetheless, when I finished I had a great feeling of accomplishment and my all tabs were cleanly in tidy way under proper heading for each group.
Immense performance improvement
Now, if you were thinking I was being critical with Firefox’s latest release, you will change your view now. I experienced a ways too enhanced performance with Firefox 4! All the pages seemed to download quickly!
Other technical details
Firefox 4 now supports CSS3 transforms and transitions. Firefox 4 supports WebGL 3D graphics, Google’s new WebM open source video codec, and finally OpenType font rendering.
Get the latest version of the most popular browser here, and be among the millions of users of the latest browser and experience a faster internet on the very same machine. The browser is surely a treat for open source lovers and a tight competition to its rivals!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .