A look at Firefox 4!
Finally Mozilla released its most anticipated Firefox 4! Since its release…. the browser has already been downloaded over 100 million times giving a tough fight to its competitors notably, Microsoft’s IE9 and Google Chrome freshly updated to its 10th version. In this post we will look at the most prominent features of the browser. A detailed review will be up soon.
The latest version has a sleek, clean and appealing interface that aims at emphasizing on web-content and giving its users a feel of experiencing internet without a browser itself. The interface is rather a combination of different flavor, prominently chrome is simply splendid!
There is a new App Tab!
It is a very handy addition to the browser that lets you pin your frequently used applications in a small space, guaranteeing quick access to the apps. This feature prominently enhanced my browsing experience.
The tab attractions!
In the new browser, you can simply jump to your desired tab by writing its name into the one-in-all bar. The feature is good, but probably I will still stick to shortcuts for switching tabs or maybe I will reply on some extension for this purpose. Users will certainly take their time to get used to this way of tab switching probably due to inertia.
Make it simple, Group all your tabs!
Yet another helpful feature would have been a perfect solution for loads of tabs opened in the browser, if it was a bit more easer! I thought I was good with mouse pad and I would speedily do all the grouping, but grouping ended to a very time-consuming job for me.
To achieve the herculean tasks of grouping tab you need to open a new screen all the way, drag and drop tabs from the parent browser window and then group them. Nonetheless, when I finished I had a great feeling of accomplishment and my all tabs were cleanly in tidy way under proper heading for each group.
Immense performance improvement
Now, if you were thinking I was being critical with Firefox’s latest release, you will change your view now. I experienced a ways too enhanced performance with Firefox 4! All the pages seemed to download quickly!
Other technical details
Firefox 4 now supports CSS3 transforms and transitions. Firefox 4 supports WebGL 3D graphics, Google’s new WebM open source video codec, and finally OpenType font rendering.
Get the latest version of the most popular browser here, and be among the millions of users of the latest browser and experience a faster internet on the very same machine. The browser is surely a treat for open source lovers and a tight competition to its rivals!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .