Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Configure evolution email client to receive Gmail emails
Many peoples prefer to use email clients installed on their copmuters to get gmail emails, if you are a fun of evolution email client and you want to configure it to receive emails from you Gmail account , then you can just follow the steps described bellow to configure it.
First , go to your gmail account and enable POP and imap from the gmail settings .
Now start your evolution under office button.
Insert your name email and organisation. and insert the pop receiving mail server, for google insert : pop.gmail.com
you can change some options in receiving emails
Select SMTP as the Server
Type. The Server is smtp.gmail.com. Encryption is TLS, Authentication is Plain and fill in your full Gmail Email Address. Click Forward.
on server case you insert too your isp imap server that should work .
Now insert your name :
Now apply and restart your evolution . the server will ask for your gmail password.
Now the . the email client will download your gmail mail to your local machine
and is done !
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .