7 Benefits of Mozilla's Rapid Release!
Just shortly Mozilla has released Firefox 9 according to its rapid release development oscillation. This rapid release has increased concerns about add-on compatibility and revamped interface that is confusing for consistent browser users. Mozilla has already been criticized for its rapid release program particularly in enterprise sector. Nevertheless, there are benefits of rapid release program too; that we seem to negative. Lets investigate them.
1. Head-to-head with the latest technology
Internet is changing, every day every second. The rapid release makes sure that the browser too, like the internet itself is up to date and that the browser does not limit the internet from what it can do.
2. Gain faster access to new features and functions
Rapid release or version inflation means gaining faster access to new features and functionality and in turn better software quality. During an 18-month period the customer receives six updates that collectively equal or exceed what he traditionally receives from a single, monolithic update.
3. Reduced Risks
For developers of the Firefox this means reduced risk in the production. Bugs and errors can be rapidly fixed and at the end you get a more stable product.
4. Better project Management & Market awarness
Rapid release improved project management and market agility. Firefox can add and subtract features according to latest market trends and research.
5. In the new Rapid Release Model, the pressure to release features before they are ready is greatly reduced because the next release is already scheduled in 90 days
6. Releasing an update every 90 days enables the software developer to be more responsive to the needs of its customers.
7. Software companies that employ the Rapid Release Model can respond very quickly to changing market conditions and also to their customer requirements. Consider let’s say a software develops a version in 1 year and release it to its consumers; and consumers all together detest the new interface! That had been the case with Firefox 4, when consumers dislike the chromization of interface.
Mozilla also defends the rapid release and exclaims that “Every 6 weeks we have a new Firefox to evaluate and, unless some surprising and irreconcilable breakage is discovered, release to the world” further the team says that “Testing and stabilization of each release across progressively larger audiences helps us find and fix bugs early, and build confidence in the quality of each release.”
Having that said we see that there are not only drawbacks of the Rapid release; there are certain benefits of rapid release too.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .