31 Great Tutorials for Inkscape!
Inkscape is an open source vector graphics editor. Inkscape is cross-platform and runs on Unix based OS, Windows and Mac (typically under X11). In this post we have attempted to gather some best tutorials around the web, categorizing them into various groups, organized from novice users to advance level. If you have not installed inkscape then you can follow the following tutorial.
In this section of tutorial I have compile basic tutorials for inkscape. If you are already accustomed to the software then you can skip the tutorials in this section. All these tutorials are thoroughly elaborated and will help beginners start their journey with inkscape! The tutorial will make you familiar to the inkscape interface, how you can create and manage documents, how you can create simple shapes, how you can perform basic functions like transformation, rotation, scaling, grouping, duplication, alignment, distribution and how to fill and stroke in objects.
1- This is basic Inkscape tutorial that will introduce you to Inkscape, giving you basic overview of the opensource program and enlighten you what you can accomplish with it.
2- Basics of Inkscape. This tutorial is specially designed for beginners that introduces you to the basics of inkscape
3- Using Templates in Inkscape. This tutorial teaches beginners to use templates in inkscape.
Drawing with Inkscape
In this section we have compiled tutorials for free-hand drawing, arranged inorder of complexity.
4- Draw Trees. This tutorial is simple to follow and will teach you some basics and tips and tricks.The end result is shown below.
5- Floral Motif. This is an awesome step by step tutorial that illustrates you to draw a vector floral motif. With every step a diagram is added to guide you in a better way.
6- Fancy Borders.This is another ultimate tutorial that is demonstrated with figures step-by-step. These tutorials can be particularly helpful if you are a novice in vector art.
7- Creating Vector Flourishes and Swirls. This is again a tutorial that will enlighten you with simple tricks of vector drawing!
8- Urban design.This is another very useful tutorial. Who can tell by looking at the image, that the graphic is created by an opensource product, not with Photoshop or illustrator!
9- Postage Stamps with Inkscape! This tutorial illustrates three ways of creating natrual looking vector stamps.
10- Sticker & Folded edge: This is another amazing tutorial, that has already placed in various forums, however I felt the need to re-post this link as it is one of the best Inkscape tutorials.
11- Draw anime eye: This is another interesting step-by-step tutorial illustrates steps to draw an anime eye, with impressive detailing.
12- Create a glass effect in your photo: This tutorial is very intuitive and will give you an insight to many techniques you can try with inkscape. You might not want to reproduce the same effect but can be creative with it. May be by adding similar effect in text.
13- Create interesting cartoon vector: This is an elaborated tutorial to make an interesting cartoon character. The tutorial is divided into subsections, each discussing techniques in detail.
14-Ipod nano: A fast-forwarded movie that teaches you to make a rather realistic ipod nano.
15- Draw little red riding hood: This is another quick drawing that teaches you to make a very interesting cartoon character.
16- Cartoon bear: This is another speed drawing that will teach you to make cartoon bear. If you have tried the above tutotrials and you are known to the techniques of inkscape, this will not be very difficult one to follow.
17- How to create a vector pencil icon pack with Inkscape: Create your icon set, a very fine vector icon tutorial.
18-Create dark glass Files Icon: Yet another tutorial for creating icon set. Easy to follow and insightful tutorial.
19 – Graffiti/ street art: This tutorial teaches you to create a colorful text effect.
20 -Fun filled text: This is truly fun-filled text, with vibrant colors and eye-catching effect!
21- Text in spotlight
23- Button Highlight Effect: This is a rather simple tutorial. The end result is as following.
24-Vector light button: This is another famous tutorial from vectortuts.
25-Webpage layout: This is a simple layout, follow this and exercise your creative glands to produce something more innovative!
26-Webpage layout: This video tutorial teaches you to slice webpage template.
27- Logo: Fast forwarded movie that teaches one to make a logo. This video may not teach you minor details but will give you an overall idea of the process.
28-Ubuntu logo: Learn o make Ubuntu tutorial in inkscape!
29- Creating YouTube logo: A very interesting tutorial to teach you how to make typical YouTube logo. This can also give you insight to usage of various tools.
30- Inkscape bitmap to vector: This is tutorial that teaches you basics of tracing bitmap
31- Turn your jpeg image to SVG, a simple tutorial but can be very beneficial.
I have attempted to gather, in this post tutorials that have not been discussed earlier. I hope this collection will benefit you and help you start your journey with inkscape!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .