Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
3 New IT tools by Start-Ups you need to watch
IT tools are critical to operations of small as well as large organizations. As new technology and innovation merge, newer tools emerge enabling complex computations to become smoother, swifter and secure. Most new IT tools are developed in domains such as cloud computing and mobile based application, innovations that give IT operations an edge as well as cost effectiveness.
3 New IT tools that need to be watched
Analysts trend that new IT startup are building capabilities that will offer something for the CIO –minimum investments and zero support infrastructure. As more and more businesses on the growth curve upgrade, the IT development is often costly and ungainly. These require the quick and effective solutions that new IT start-ups offer such as CloudCop, which gives enterprises the opportunity to monitor and analyze data to determine the ROI and implications of moving to public cloud. In fact, they offer an audit trial to watch for compliance guidelines.
Cloud storage has the largest tools being developed by IT start-ups. Cloud-based data storage is ideal for unstructured data storage as latency and sub-second constraints in retrieval of data is more likely. Therefore, large enterprises would have a successful storage model if they adopt hybrid storage with some on-site storage and most on the cloud. Here new start-ups are looking to develop innovative products, where speed search and retrieval are optimized as well as compliance to regulatory issues.
Cloud-based resource tracker
Tools for mobile device management, virtual databases will bridge the requirement for organizational infrastructure required to run Internet operations. Apptio is a resource tracker on the cloud platform. Since most enterprise IT departments are today expected to IT resources, there is an increasing requirement for monetization of the various tools as a complete entity and not in bits and parts for network, bandwidth or mobile devices. What Appito offers is the SaaS Technology Business Management TBM solution suite where sectoral costs, investments and financials of client, infrastructure services are the ideal tool for costing. Starbucks was able to switch from laptops to better managed desktops to improve the original move by scaling the hardware warranties as batter replacements in laptops were prohibitive and no substantial cost savings. IT resource tracking is the solution and Apptio is right answer.
Web Apps backup
Most enterprises are challenged to ensure data recovery safe and secure despite the unlimited amount of data generated through email, document collaboration and social media sites etc. Termed the Achilles heel by analysts essentially where service providers or third-parties are involved. To overcome the issues of loss of data etc, is a wonderful new tool called the Backupify. Based on the SaaS mode, it duplicated data from several sources such as Facebook, Google Docs etc to S3 storage cloud network on Amazon. The user data is centralized and this enables Enterprises to adopt required security and duplication of data storage and comply with industry specific requirements such as payment card industry compliance on storage of card owner data.
These are just a few of the New Age tools to speed up deployment cycles and replicate storage devices, costs etc.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .