Few days ago was released Openshot 1.4.3 , according to the announcement this release has more bug fixes, enhancements, and new features than any other release of OpenShot to date!
What `s new in Openshot 1.4.3?
– Improved Timeline Snapping for Transitions (no more manual adjustment of every transition)
– New 3D Animations (Realistic Earth, Exploding Text, Dissolving Text, and more)
– 10+ New Effects (Sharpness, Vignette, Lens Correction, and more)
– Apply Effects to Tracks (and Multiple Clips at the same time)
– Adjust Speed of Animated Titles (utilizing time remapping, for interpolated smooth animations)
– New Transitions (6 bars, boxes)
– New Dark Theme
– Improved Translations
– Updated Documentation
– Updated Dependencies (Now requires Blender 2.62+)
– Tons of Bug Fixes (Full List of Bugs & Features)
* Installation on Ubuntu 12.04 , 12.10 and LinuxMint13:
Open terminal and enter the following PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc