0 A.D. Alpha 4 "Daedalus" comes with many new features and improvements
“0 A.D. Alpha 4 Daedalus” is released, this new alpha release from Wildfire games comes with many new features and improvements, now you can play against a (rudimentary) computer opponent, build Celtic warships, fishing boot and Greek Fishing Boot , see gradually blending terrains, march your troops past beautiful bridges and more!.
0 A.D Alpha4 New features :
New programming features in this release:
- Added initial prototype version of opponent AI: It can train female citizens, collect resources, build houses, farms & barracks, train soldiers & send them to the enemy civ center.
- Improved fog-of-war rendering.
- Fixed terrain texture blending.
- Added opt-in automatic feedback system.
- Fixed foundation obstruction handling.
- Added support for build limits.
- Extended animal AI: Animals like Lions, Elephants, etc. can now fight back, and some escape farther away from perceived threats.
- Improved driver version detection code.
- Various performance improvements.
New art and sound features in this release:
- New Naval Units: Celt Warship, Celt Merchant Ship, Celt Fishing Boat, and Greek Fishing Boat.
- New siege weapons: The Celts can now build battering rams from their fortresses.
- Bridges: Eyecandy edge pieces to use in the Atlas editor.
- New in-game sound effects: Including ship movement, ship selection, female citizen acknowledgment, dog bark, dog acknowledgment, wood chopping, metal ore mining, stone mining, siege weapon acknowledgment, and ram movement.
Room for improvement:
- There is no random map generation yet.
- Many unit stats are still unbalanced.
- Many planned gameplay features are not added yet: There is no research, no auras, no rank upgrades, no settlements and territories, etc.
- Many bugs and small missing features.
- There is no multiplayer matchmaking service. You have to connect by IP address. (More convenient ways may be implemented in the future).
To install O.AD “Daedalus” in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install 0ad
To launch the game go to Menu–> Games–>0 A.D or type in terminal :
For other linux distribution please check our previous post.
Useful Links: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/