0 A.D. Alpha 4 "Daedalus" comes with many new features and improvements
“0 A.D. Alpha 4 Daedalus” is released, this new alpha release from Wildfire games comes with many new features and improvements, now you can play against a (rudimentary) computer opponent, build Celtic warships, fishing boot and Greek Fishing Boot , see gradually blending terrains, march your troops past beautiful bridges and more!.
0 A.D Alpha4 New features :
New programming features in this release:
- Added initial prototype version of opponent AI: It can train female citizens, collect resources, build houses, farms & barracks, train soldiers & send them to the enemy civ center.
- Improved fog-of-war rendering.
- Fixed terrain texture blending.
- Added opt-in automatic feedback system.
- Fixed foundation obstruction handling.
- Added support for build limits.
- Extended animal AI: Animals like Lions, Elephants, etc. can now fight back, and some escape farther away from perceived threats.
- Improved driver version detection code.
- Various performance improvements.
New art and sound features in this release:
- New Naval Units: Celt Warship, Celt Merchant Ship, Celt Fishing Boat, and Greek Fishing Boat.
- New siege weapons: The Celts can now build battering rams from their fortresses.
- Bridges: Eyecandy edge pieces to use in the Atlas editor.
- New in-game sound effects: Including ship movement, ship selection, female citizen acknowledgment, dog bark, dog acknowledgment, wood chopping, metal ore mining, stone mining, siege weapon acknowledgment, and ram movement.
Room for improvement:
- There is no random map generation yet.
- Many unit stats are still unbalanced.
- Many planned gameplay features are not added yet: There is no research, no auras, no rank upgrades, no settlements and territories, etc.
- Many bugs and small missing features.
- There is no multiplayer matchmaking service. You have to connect by IP address. (More convenient ways may be implemented in the future).
To install O.AD “Daedalus” in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install 0ad
To launch the game go to Menu–> Games–>0 A.D or type in terminal :
For other linux distribution please check our previous post.
Useful Links: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .